A SUCCESS STORY SINCE 1930
Deep roots for high demands
For decades, the name GWINNER has been synonymous with high-quality furniture that convinces through sophisticated design and innovative solutions. What started as a 60-square-meter carpentry workshop in Pfalzgrafenweiler has evolved into a company that is now one of the leading providers in the German furniture market. Much has changed during this time, but the commitment to the unique material of wood, the high standards in crafting quality furniture for people who share this passion with us, and the connection to the location in the Northern Black Forest have always remained.
A company with tradition
1930 – The beginning
In 1930, the brothers Karl and Jakob Gwinner founded a carpentry workshop in Pfalzgrafenweiler, located in the Northern Black Forest. Over the years, the GWINNER company evolved continuously: in 1947, it moved to a three-story building and began integrating machinery into its workshops. In 1949, they introduced the "Pforzheim" wardrobe as the first serial model, proudly producing five units per week. In 1952, the "Pfalzgraf" model expanded the product range. These beginnings mark the start of an impressive journey that has positioned Gwinner Wohndesign as one of the leading furniture manufacturers in Germany and beyond.
Important Turning Points
In 1953, the company experienced a surge in demand for its high-quality furniture with the appointment of its first sales representative. The participation in the Cologne Furniture Fair also contributed to this goal, setting the stage for a successful future.
1961 marked a crucial step as a new production building was erected, and serial production commenced. The distribution network was consistently expanded to support the growing production. In 1975, the company streamlined its processes by consolidating its facilities, leading to an impressive weekly production of 17,000 pieces, including 2,000 cabinets.
In 1985, the era of "Team Bahia" began. The Design Center Stuttgart included this design in the German selection for exemplary design, turning the original into a frequently imitated trendsetter.
Continuous Development and Innovation
The ongoing development continued in the following years. In 1988, the new distribution channel "GWINNER Objektdesign" was introduced, offering furniture for management and executive offices. In 1991, a two-story administrative building and a new production hall with a showroom were built. In the year 2000, further modernization and digitization of production took place with the implementation of a new generation of CNC-controlled manufacturing machines. The next optimization occurred in 2012 with the addition of an automatic panel warehouse directly connected to the cutting system.
International Recognition and Spirit of Innovation
In 2016, the company participated for the first time and successfully in the "Salone del mobile" in Milan. In 2018, the product portfolio was expanded with the introduction of GWINNER S-Design, a dining room collection featuring dining tables, chairs, and benches. These continuous improvements and the pursuit of innovation have positioned Gwinner Wohndesign as a leading name in the furniture industry. Since 2019, the company has been led in the fourth generation by Tamara Gwinner and Robin Henssler, grandchildren of Gerhard Gwinner.